Dec 9, 2013

Bits and Bobs

Hello there! How are you today?

I'm a bit tired, but happy. We put our tree up yesterday. It's a big tree.. a BIG tree.. We decorated with white, glass (I mean see-through glass) and silver Christmas balls and ornaments so it's a very traditional tree.. We also have colored ornaments but I use those around the house. I still have some decorating to do, but our house already feels very Christmassy.. I just wanna stay in and enjoy it!
 
Last week I won Faith's give away and I received her package this weekend. Yay! Here's a picture of all the goodies, isn't it festive? I like it all, but I especially love the green Christmas fabric and the ribbons. And I love that Faith calls them 'Bits and Bobs'. Now to decide what to do with all the loveliness...
 

I completed It's a Wrap this week but I don't have any pictures of it yet.. The Boxing with Basketweave blanket is growing slowly, I just didn't have a lot of time to work on it this week. I'm still liking the idea of a neon edging, and have decided it'll be neon pink.

 
And!
I got me some yarn! These 100% cotton 'babies' were very cheap at 0.90 eurocent a skein so I couldn't really not buy it, could I? Plus I love love love the colors, they make me think of spring and summer.
 

Have you already put your tree up? What kind of colors is your tree? And have you ever made your own knitting/crocheted ornaments?

5 comments:

Minding My Own Stitches said...

Very Christmas-y all around. DH works in retail so he's been listening to Christmas music for the last month. We put up our tree last week and he already felt like we were behind. Ours is all colours - to me that's traditional.

I've made some Christmas ornaments using the pattern "Deck the Balls" with some leftover icicle glitter yarn. They're very popular. My nephew asked me just yesterday if I could make a set for his family :)

Stefanie said...

That basketweave looks so sharp. I love looking at it. Congrats on winning Faith's giveaway. Summer colors indeed - Icees and cotton candy. We put our tree - yay! No handcrafted ornaments by me but there are some from craft fairs.

Lucy Bowen said...

Yes our tree is up!! No colour scheme - anything goes as long as there is lots of it! I love Christmas, we put our decs up last week - we use the boys as an excuse, but really we went over the top before they were born!!
Still loving the basketweave and always love more yarn!

Gracey is not my name.... said...

We still don't have out tree....but I did put up the window lights...and Santa on the kitchen door....

Unknown said...

MMOS, that is so cool about getting requests for your handmade ornaments!

Kepanie, that's also a great idea!

Lucy, sounds like a fun tree!

TammyG that's already a start!

Lily Links

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...